Photo by Kathryn Brass
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 large shallot, quartered and sliced
- 1/2 cup sliced oyster mushrooms
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 1 small zucchini, chopped (about 3/4 cup)
- 6 large eggs
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 3 ounces soft goat cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- Salt and pepper
Preheat oven to 350˚. Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in an 8-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add shallot and cook until soft, about 2 minutes.
Add mushrooms and cook until browned and moisture evaporates, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and zucchini and cook another 2-3 minutes until lightly browned. Transfer veggies to a plate and wipe out skillet.
Whisk eggs and milk until frothy and season to taste with salt and pepper.
Return skillet to medium heat with remaining 2 tablespoons of oil.
Pour egg mixture into skillet, swirling it around briskly to create a crust on the outer edge. Add veggie mixture back to skillet and top with goat cheese. Remove from heat and place in oven for 15-20 minutes, until cooked through. Slide frittata out of pan, onto a cutting board, and cut into wedges. Serve garnished with green onions.
Serves 4… Read More