- 1¾ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 12 tablespoons cold butter, cut into bits
- 4 tablespoons ice water
- ⅓ cup Dijon mustard
- 1 pound fresh mozzarella, thinly sliced
- 10 medium-sized, firm, ripe tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
Prepare pastry by combining flour, salt and sugar in a food processor. Add butter and combine until it has a coarse crumb consistency. With the machine running, add the water. Form into a ball. Roll out into a circle large enough to fit into a 10-inch tart pan, about ⅛ inch thick.
Preheat oven to 400°F.
Brush mustard over the bottom of the pastry shell. Top mustard with mozzarella slices.
Beginning at outer edge of shell, make a layered overlapping row of the tomato slices. Make a second row and then fill the center with a final circle of tomatoes.
Sprinkle top evenly with garlic and oregano. Season to taste with salt and pepper and drizzle the olive oil over all.
Bake for about 40 minutes.… Read More