Recipe by Stacey Spinola of Spinola’s Bake Shop, LLC, 3845 Old William Penn Hwy., Murrysville. 724.519.7741. As seen in Edible Allegheny's June/July 2015 installment of 3 Ingredient Fix. Photograph by Michael Fornataro. Styling by Samantha Casale.
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 stick salted butter, softened to room temperature, plus 1 tablespoon
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar, plus 2 tablespoons
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, plus 2 tablespoons
- 4 cups frozen peach slices, partially defrosted
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Lightly toast pecans, just until their aroma can be smelled. Let cool. Grind half of the toasted pecans (1/4 cup), and set other half aside.
- Combine ground toasted pecans, 1 stick butter, 1/3 cup powdered sugar, and 1 cup flour. Press the dough into the bottom of an 8-inch square pan.
- Bake at 350ºF for 10-12 minutes, until lightly golden around the edges.
- To make the peach filling, chop peaches into bite-sized pieces. Mix with sugar, 2 tablespoons flour, salt, and cinnamon. Set aside.
- Take the baked crust out of the oven. Spray the sides of the 8-inch square pan with cooking spray.
- Spread the peach filling on the baked crust. Dot with 1 tablespoon butter.
- Bake at 350ºF for 25 minutes or until peach filling is tender and bubbling. Let cool.
- To make Greek Yogurt topping, mix yogurt, 2 tablespoons powdered sugar, and vanilla. Spoon Greek Yogurt topping and sprinkle remaining 1/4 cup toasted pecans onto each slice before serving.