Recipe by Eli Wahl of Casbah, 229 S. Highland Ave., Strip District. 412.661.5656. As seen in Edible Allegheny's June/July 2015 installment of 3 Ingredient Fix. Photograph by Michael Fornataro. Styling by Samantha Casale.
- 1 quart Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup Kosher salt, plus 1 teaspoon
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 12 peaches
- Vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons harissa
- 1 egg white
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cumin
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 6 oz pecans
- 3 oz white balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 8 oz extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cups arugula
- Reserve 1/4 cup Greek yogurt. Salt the remaining yogurt from the quart with 1/4 cup Kosher salt. Let the salted yogurt sit in a cheese cloth-lined strainer overnight. (Place an empty bowl or dish below to catch any drippings!)
- Pour the strained yogurt into a mixing bowl. Stir in the reserved 1/4 cup yogurt and heavy cream. Season with salt and black pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Quarter the peaches and remove the pits. Brush the cut sides with vegetable oil, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Grill, cut side down, over high heat for 3 minutes, turning to achieve grill marks on all sides.
- Toss the cooled peaches in harissa.
- Bake at 350ºF for 6 minutes, stir, then bake for an additional 4 minutes. Let cool.
- Toss arugula in white balsamic vinaigrette, seasoning with salt and pepper to taste.
- Before serving, spread the labne on a plate. Top with dressed arugula, grilled harissa peaches, spiced pecans, and any leftover white balsamic vinaigrette.