Recipe by Maria Elliott of Soergel Orchards, 2573 Brandt St., Wexford. 724.935.1743. As seen in Edible Allegheny's June/July 2015 installment of 3 Ingredient Fix. Photograph by Michael Fornataro. Styling by Samantha Casale.
- 1-1/2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup 2% Greek Yogurt, divided in half
- 1 teaspoon vanilla, plus 1/2 teaspoon
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 cup chopped pecans, divided in half
- Butter or oil for cooking, as needed
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 peach, sliced
- In a large bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar. In a separate bowl, whisk milk, 1/2 cup yogurt, 1 teaspoon vanilla, and eggs.
- Pour the wet ingredients over the dry, and stir until only a few small lumps remain. Fold in melted butter and 1/2 cup pecans.
- Heat a griddle or large skillet over medium-high heat. Brush with butter or oil.
- Drop 1/4 cup of batter per pancake onto the heated pan. Flip each pancake over once the batter is bubbly. Cook until the other side is golden brown.
- To prepare the Honey Vanilla Yogurt topping, mix 1/2 cup yogurt, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla, and honey.
- Toast 1/2 cup pecans in a small sautée pan over medium heat until desired color is reached.
- Serve pancakes with Honey Vanilla Yogurt, toasted pecans, and peach slices on top.